First American Title Insurance Company
First American Title Insurance Company is the largest subsidiary of the First American Financial Corporation, which was founded in 1889 and focuses on providing title agency services including title insurance, closing, settlement, home warranty, and trust advisory services. First American sells its title services through both affiliates and partners around the United States.
What Services Does First American Offer?
In particular, First American Title Insurance Company offers services including:
- Title searches
- Residential title insurance
- Commercial title insurance
- Homebuilders title insurance and services
- Services for title agents and attorneys
- Foreclosure services (including facilitating auctions)
- Custodial services, including secure file storage, for developers
- REO Title Services (for bank-owned properties)
First American Also Offers Vacation Property Services
In addition to offering title and escrow services for traditional commercial and residential properties, First American also offers a suite of services for vacation properties. These include rental escrow services, to ensure that both parties in a rental agreement get what they bargained for, and timeshare services, including assistance renting and selling timeshares, as well as helping with updating timeshare ownership (i.e. adding spouses, removing individuals from title, and adding the property into a trust).